Vision and Mission
Mission: To provide high quality professional learning opportunities for Alberta’s educational community.
Vision: The Alberta Regional Professional Development Consortia contributes to excellence in the field of K-12 education through the provision of research based professional learning that support continuous improvement and capacity building in education stakeholders for student success.
The Alberta Regional Professional Development Consortia work to achieve six goals that were documented in 2000 by an educational stakeholders meeting.
- supports the effective implementation of components of the Alberta Education Business Plan, Jurisdiction and school education plans, and Education Partner Strategic Plans
- supports the effective implementation of curricula, including instruction, assessment and student learning outcomes.
- assists partners to identify available professional development resources.
- is based on the identified and emerging needs of educational partners.
- promotes and supports the development leadership capacity.
- can be accessed at a reasonable cost.
The ARPDC consortia are each governed by a board of directors, comprised of representatives from: CASS, ASBA, ASBOA, ASCA, and Post-secondary Institutions. Each Board ensures that programs align with the goals of the ARPDC Consortia.
The Board of Directors of the College of Alberta School Superintendents (CASS) serves as the Governance Board for the ARPDC.
CASS engages a Provincial Advisory Committee of Education Partners to assist in and support the ARPDC mandate, and direction from the Minister to “broaden the spectrum of educational partners” at the provincial level, ensuring the contributions and recommendations of the ARPDC Advisory Committee are recognized and considered.